Antique Painting, Portrait, American or British School, Colonial Era, 1700's
Handsome Antique Painting, Portrait of a Man, American or British School, Colonial Era, 1700's, 18th Century! AMERICAN OR BRITISH SCHOOL (18TH CENTURY) COLONIAL-ERA PORTRAIT OF A MAN, oil on canvas, depicting a dapper young subject with long blonde hair, wearing a stylish olive green waistcoat and jacket, and pleated and ruffed shirt, no signature located. Housed in an early giltwood and gesso frame, possibly original.
29" x 24" sight, 35" x 30" OA. Repairs and associated inpainting to three tears in upper half of canvas, none appear to affect the subject, no other damage. Frame repainted with small losses. Wear and imperfections commensurate with being moved, age and use. Old World Elegance at Reasonable Prices!
The item "Antique Painting, Portrait, American or British School, Colonial Era, 1700's" is in sale since Monday, August 2, 2021. This item is in the category "Art\Paintings".
The seller is "oldeurope71" and is located in Austin, Texas. This item can be shipped to United States.
- Size: Medium (up to 36in.)
- Artist: Unknown
- Style: Colonial
- Listed By: Dealer or Reseller
- Painting Surface: Canvas
- Quantity Type: Single-Piece Work
- Medium: Oil
- Date of Creation: Pre-1800
- Features: Framed
- oil painting, Antique painting, 1700's: Antique Painting, Portrait, American or British Sc
- Width (Inches): 30
- Color: Multi-Color
- Subject: Portrait
- 18th C., antique portrait, American,: English, Colonial Era, dapper young man,
- gilt wood, gesso, wall covering, decor: home decor, antique oil painting, oil on canvas
- Originality: Original
- Height (Inches): 35
Home Archives Contact Form Privacy Policies Service Agreement